Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Monkey Boy and Snot Nose

Well, it seems as though Brooks has really entered the terrible twos. Yesterday at Sarah's house he escaped from his pack n cry during his nap. He naps upstairs and Sarah was downstairs enjoying some peace and quiet when all of the sudden Brooks is at the foot of the stairs (with Lambie in tow). Brooks was even considerate enough to show Sarah how he did it! The good news is he did sleep in his crib last night. Sarah is going to try having him nap in a crib today to see how that works.

Last night as I was nursing Hudson, Brooks thought it would be fun to throw balls at the ceiling fan (as it was on)! And then he decided to climb on top of the changing table. And then this morning, Hudson was finishing up his applesauce-peaches-oatmeal-molasses-combo, I went into the kitchen to fetch something and I came back and Brooks was standing on top of Hudson's highchair tray! Eeeek! And we thought Hudson was going to be the climber.

I took the boys to the library this morning since it had been *forever* since I went. I used the double stroller and Brooks was starting to get a little antsy while I found the last few books on my list. I gave him my keys to play with and he manages to set off my panic button! Fortunately I was able to turn it off. And we had double meltdown while I was trying to check out. Of course, the checkout at the library is in this huge open space so both their cries just seemed to echo even louder!

Hudson is feeling better, not so much snot nose going on anymore. I guess the new cow humidifier helped him out!