Saturday, July 12, 2008

More Dollywood

We hung out in the hotel in morning and had lunch in Townsend. We then headed out to Dollywood. It was hot, but it looked like rain was coming. When we got in the park we decided to watch Creature Adventures with the Kratt Brothers. I guess they have some show on PBS. The boys liked it, they brought out a porcupine, zebra, python, beaver, baby kangaroo, and I can't remember what else.

It still hadn't started raining yet so we took a ride on the Dollywood Express. We all enjoyed our ride and it started raining on our ride. When we got back it was still raining and the rides were closed due to lightning in the area, so we took in another show. It was based on "Hank the Cowdog" and was pretty cute. Dollywood really goes all out for it's shows. They had at least 12 different shows a day and Dolly shows up at each one! (Not in person, but on tv.)

The storm had cleared up after the show and all the rides had reopened. We took the boys over to ride the Flying Elephants. They both loved it and Hudson proclaimed "more more" after the ride was over. We headed back to Thunderhead for some rides while the kids played in the water area again. I think they would have played there all day if we let them!

We left at close and the boys fell asleep on the way back to our hotel. Hudson didn't even wake up when we put his pjs on.

We headed home the next morning. The trip home didn't seem near as long as the trip there. We really only stopped for a picnic lunch in Kentucky where the boys were happy to play at a playground.


I'm beginning to think all this ride does is go in circles...




I think this was in Kentucky...

No comments: