Monday, March 2, 2009

Recipes for the week

Here are some recipes that I'd like to share this week. The Ranch Pork Chops are a favorite for everyone. I usually use assorted chops, but you could use whatever. I think it would be good with chicken breast too. I served this with Garlic Green Beans and Roasted Potatoes.

We had Barbecue Chicken Pizza for dinner last night. I tried a new pizza dough recipe and it was really good. I'm still going to use our standby pizza dough recipe for when we make do-it-yourself pizza, but this was a good thick yeasty crust. I made the pizza on a big cookie sheet instead of the stone.

I made homemade bagels again this weekend and made the cream cheese spread to go along with them for a easy breakfast Sunday morning before church.

Ranch Pork Chops

2 lbs pork chops
1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese

1. Trim the fat from the pork chops.
2. Mix the flour and Italian seasoning together and place in a shallow bowl.
3. Place the ranch dressing in another shallow bowl.
4. Dredge the pork chops in the flour/seasoning mix and then into the ranch.
5. Place the pork chops in a baking dish. I use my glass 13x9.
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the tops of the chops.
7. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes, or until done.

Easy Peezy Pizza Dough

1 cup water plus another 2 tablespoons
2 TB olive oil
2 TB sugar
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour
2 tsp yeast

1. Place the ingredients in your bread machine and run the dough cycle.
2. If you are making a thicker pizza crust, I would suggest precooking just the crust at 425 for 10 minutes, then adding your toppings and baking until done.

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

2 chicken breasts, diced
1 small onion, sliced thin
Olive Oil
Mozzarella cheese
Barbecue

1. Marinate the chicken breast in a half cup barbeque sauce for at least 2 hours.
2. After marinating, saute the chicken breast in a skillet with some olive oil until cooked through.
3. To caramelize the onion: heat some olive oil in a skillet. Saute the onion in it and then cover the pan. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
4. To make the pizza: Spread barbeque sauce on your pizza crust.
Place chicken and onions on top and then sprinkle with cheese.

Honey Pecan Cream Cheese

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 TB honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon

1. Mix all ingredients together.

No comments: