Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring Cleaning Recipes

In celebration of Earth Day yesterday, I thought I’d share some of my cleaning recipes. I have stopped buying commercially made cleaners. I don’t like all the bad stuff they have in them. I feel much safer cleaning around the kids when I use my own concoctions. They can even help me without ingesting toxic fumes! I use microfiber cloths to clean with. Newspaper works well on mirrors and windows.

There are just a few basic ingredients you need that you probably already have in your house. White Vinegar, Baking Soda, Liquid soap and essential oil.

Vinegar kills mold, bacteria, and germs due to its high level of acidity.

Scrub

*I use this on the tub and shower. I also use it on the sinks.*

Baking Soda

Liquid Dish soap or Castille soap

Mix the liquid soap in until the mixture has a consistency like frosting.

All-Purpose Spray

*Dollar Tree sells empty spray bottles. This spray works great on everything, even mirrors!*

1 cup Vinegar

Water to the top of your bottle

Few drops of your choice of Essential Oil (I like to use Lavender for it’s great scent and antibacterial properties.)

Squirt of liquid dish soap

Shake until mixed.


Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Vinegar

Baking Soda

Dump some vinegar in the toilet and then sprinkle some baking soda on top until you get some good fizzing action. (The boys love to watch this!) Let it set 10 minutes and then scrub the toilet.

1 comment:

Kim3278 said...

I have been using natural ingredients for cleaning for some time now too! I do keep some cleaning wipes around for very quick cleanups...but I love it. Very animal friendly too.