Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Recipes of the Week

Ok, I can't remember the last time I posted any recipes, so here's some for you!

Ryan grilled steaks for us on Mother's Day. He is truly the grillmaster, my steak was nice and bloody on the inside. After they were grilled, we slathered this on top. It was sooooooo yummy! We will definitely be making steaks again like this.

Blue Cheese Butter

  1. In a small bowl combine butter, blue cheese, parsley, basil and garlic.
  2. Set aside.
  3. Grill steaks to desired doneness.
  4. Top each steak with a generous amount of the butter mixture.
  5. Chill the remaining butter for another time.
We had roasted green beans with the steaks. I cannot get enough of these green beans, they are really addictive and so easy to make. I made close to 3 lbs and I will be happy to eat the leftovers for lunch!

Roasted Green Beans

2 lbs green beans, washed and trimmed
1-2 TBS olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4-6 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into quarters

1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Spread the green beans and garlic on a couple cookie sheets.
3. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, stir.
4. Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
5. Roast until fairly brown and somewhat shriveled in spots.

Here's a great and inexpensive casserole. I am making a double batch of it this morning, I'll put one in the freezer for another time.

Southwestern Baked Spaghetti

  1. Combine hot drained spaghetti, milk and egg; mix well.
  2. Pour spaghetti mixture into a buttered 9X13 inch casserole dish.
  3. Brown ground beef with onion, bell pepper and garlic in a large skillet; drain.
  4. Return drained meat back into the skillet and add seasonings; Cook for 2 minutes.
  5. Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
  6. Spread meat mixture over spaghetti.
  7. Sprinkle with cheese.
  8. Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly.
  9. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.


No comments: