Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

I had never made homemade pudding before yesterday. I'm not even sure if I had ever eaten homemade pudding before. I whipped up a batch of chocolate pudding in honor of Brooks turning 5.5. I used the recipe from my Family Feasts from $75 a Week cookbook. It was super easy and I had everything in the pantry.

Today I made Rice Pudding (Ryan's favorite). I had tried to make rice pudding once in the past, but it was a flop. What I made today was not a flop. I think Ryan will love it! I have my eye on this pudding recipe to try next.


Ingredients

    • 3/4 cup uncooked white rice ( for creamier pudding use short or medium grain rice)
    • 2 cups milk, divided
    • 1/3 cup white sugar
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1 eggs, beaten
    • 2/3 cup raisins
    • 1 tablespoon butter
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil.
  2. Add rice and stir.
  3. Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
  4. In another saucepan, combine the cooked rice, with 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt.
  5. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes.
  6. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins.
  7. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
  8. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla.
  9. Serve warm.

No comments: