Wow! It is already the end of February, it has flown by. February is a special month in our house, both my birthday and our Family Day fall within a few days of each other. And Beck turned 2 at the beginning of the month.
I had a great birthday. My good friend Sarah invited us over for a yummy lunch. I recently "introduced" her to the Pioneer Woman and I might have created a monster, although I'm sure her family doesn't mind! That evening Ryan and I were able to have a date! We had dinner at La Scala, a wonderful Italian restaurant downtown.
I had a great birthday. My good friend Sarah invited us over for a yummy lunch. I recently "introduced" her to the Pioneer Woman and I might have created a monster, although I'm sure her family doesn't mind! That evening Ryan and I were able to have a date! We had dinner at La Scala, a wonderful Italian restaurant downtown.
We celebrate Family Day on February 14 (otherwise known as Valentines Day). That was the day 5 years ago, we flew to Guatemala and were united with Brooks forever. I cooked a Guatemalan feast: black beans, rice, corn tortillas, fried plantains, guacamole, and flan. Brooks made a special request for the flan. It was my first time making it and won't be my last. Look for the recipe on Tasty Tuesday. Hudson looooves flan, he might have eaten the whole thing if I let him!
The boys also got to celebrate Valentines Day with a party at school. They loved getting valentines from all their classmates.
Brooks and Hudson have been taking gymnastics for the past month. They really enjoy it. Brooks is getting really good at doing a roundoff.
And me, well, this week hasn't been so great, it started out with a sinus/ear infection and has now gone to this...

Pink Eye! In both eyes! So, I'm home from work today since it's highly contagious. I hope I haven't spread it to anyone else, especially my family.
Here's hoping for a better weekend!
Here's hoping for a better weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment