Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Brooks!


Brooks had a great time celebrating his birthday on Saturday. He requested a ice cream party with no cake, we had make your own sundaes, brownies and blondies. It was still crazy hot outside so we had water balloons, water guns, and the sprinkler out for the kids. I also made my first pinata. I found the directions here and was pretty happy with how it turned out. Next time I'll need to reinforce the string somehow since it came apart on the first hit (Ryan was brave enough to hold it for the kids). Brooks was the one to actually bust the pinata open, I think it's the first time the birthday boy has delivered the fatal hit!





Ryan had a race Sunday at Versailles State Park. The boys and I had fun on the playground and also visited the nature center during the race. After the race we all went swimming at the state park pool. We got home around 4 and Brooks requested that we go to El Maguey for his birthday dinner where he chowed down a carnitas gordita (Hudson helped finish it off after he ate his ceviche tostada).

Getting ready to enjoy his birthday flan....

Happy Birthday Brooks! We are so blessed to have you as our son.

No comments: