Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Run..Bike..Party!

Our weekend was filled with 2 races and a party. The boys ran in the YMCA Sleigh Bell Run. It was a half mile run with Santa. They did well and had fun doing it.


Ryan had another cyclocross race that afternoon. He was doing super well, but I was wondering where he was when I was waiting at the finish line of the final lap. Did I miss him? Did he already finish? But then I saw him at the top of the hill, running while carrying his bike on his shoulder. Apparently he ran into some mechanical issues due to all the mud. His bike broke after the first 1/3 of the last lap, so he ran the rest of the lap so he wouldn't be disqualified. Oh, and he still finished 43 out of 50!




Some of the fans running with him to the finish line.

Notice the "gift" he got upon crossing the finish line?


We had Hudson's party Sunday afternoon at the Y. He requested a Star Wars party. The kids had fun making light sabers from foam pipe insulation and colored duct tape.


We let the kids go wild in a racquetball court.

No comments: