Tasty Tuesday
I made this when I was looking for a quick, but healthy lunch for me and the boys yesterday. I had cooked chickpeas in the freezer (I buy 4 lb bags of dry chickpeas at the Indian grocery, cook them in the crockpot and freeze) so I thought we'd give this a try. Plus, Hudson's favorite legume is chickpeas. It came together in the food processor in no time. We ate it in a wheat tortilla with lettuce and tomato.
Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling Ingredients
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped **I used green onions**
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice **I was out, so used spicy brown mustard**
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Mix in celery, onion, mayonnaise (to taste), lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment