I found this corn salad recipe when I was looking for something to go with fajitas. I needed something different than my usual black bean corn salad because I didn't have any black beans cooked. This recipe was simple and has a great flavor. It would also be great as a main dish with some grilled chicken tossed in.
Corn Salad
1 pkg frozen corn
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, diced
1 cup cilantro
1 red pepper, diced
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup olive oil
salt & pepper
1. Bring 1/2 cup of water to boil.
2. Add in the frozen corn, cover, and cook on medium for 5 minutes.
3. Drain the corn, and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
4. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
This quiche recipe really was the best quiche ever, according to my family. I made ours with bacon and tomato. I was planning on adding spinach, but the spinach was over the hill. Quiche is great to use up whatever is in the fridge. I think I will make this again this week.
The Best Quiche Ever
6 eggs
1 cup half and half
salt & pepper
2 cups grated cheese
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 pie crust
1. Whisk together the eggs, half and half, and seasonings.
2. Place pie crust in pie pan.
3. Sprinkle cheese and onions over the pie crust, along with any other veggies or meat.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the filling.
5. Bake at 350 for around 45 minutes, or until set and golden brown.
6. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
This bean salad was an easy summer lunch. I should have doubled it because the boys ate it up.
Garbanzo, Tomato and Cilantro Salad
Ingredients:
1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed well and drained
4-5 tomatoes or 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, diced in 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cup green onion, sliced
1 cup (1 large bunch) cilantro, washed, dried, and chopped coarsely with chef's knife or food processor
1 avocado, diced (optional, but good)
Dressing Ingredients:
2 T fresh lime juice (plus 2 tsp. more for avocado, if using)
2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. chile powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. onion powder
zest from one lime
salt, fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Mix together the dressing ingredients.
2. Stir dressing into the beans, Allow to marinate together for at least one hour.
3. Mix in the rest of the veggies.

No comments:
Post a Comment