We've been enjoying lots of fresh local veggies this past week. We love grilled zucchini, and when we were gifted with some zucchini we gave this recipe a try. It was easy to put together on a very hot day and everyone loved it. I used sourdough that I had in the freezer instead of the focaccia, and shredded provolone-mozzarella since we were out of feta.
California Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
1/4 cup mayo
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 TB lemon juice
1 cup sliced red bell peppers
1 zucchini, sliced
1 onion, sliced
Focaccia bread, sliced horizontally
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. In a bowl, mix the mayo, garlic, and lemon juice. Set aside in the fridge to mingle.
2. Brush the veggies with olive oil.
3. Cook for about 3 minutes each side. Remove from grill and set aside.
4. Toast the bread on the grill. We topped the bread with the cheese and only toasted one side.
5. Assemble your sandwich with the mayo spread and veggies. Eat!
I've been making these Mocha Frappes for a couple years now. They are super to have on a hot summer day, but I enjoy them year round. I usually only have them a couple times a week, as a "recovery" drink after cycle class. Sometimes I add a couple drops of peppermint extract and it's also good with coconut milk.
Mocha Frappe
Mocha mix
1 cup sugar
1 cup instant coffee
4 TB cocoa
1/2 cup powdered creamer
Mix the ingredients together in a food processor and store in a jar.
To make the frappe:
4 TB mocha mix
1 cup milk
7 ice cubes
Blend together in your blender.
No comments:
Post a Comment