I like to eat Fage 2% Greek Yogurt after I lift weights (I'm in stage 5 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women program, which I highly recommend). My body needs the high protein to recover and build muscle. I usually make a smoothie, but when I saw this recipe I had to give it a try. It tasted like a dessert!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Greek Yogurt
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 TB brown sugar
dash of vanilla
1-2 TB mini chocolate chips
Mix together until sugar is dissolved and eat!
I thought this lentil stew had great flavor and it's packed with veggies.
Crock Pot Lentil Sweet Potato Soup
Ingredients:
4 large carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1.5 cups chopped green beans
2 cups green lentils
1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
1 bay leaf
1 tsp dried oregano
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
64 oz vegetable broth
2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp pepper
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Turn heat on low and cook for 10 hours, adding a little more broth at the end if soup seems too thick.
I've made these banana muffins several times. The yogurt makes them really moist, and you cannot tell there is whole wheat flour in there.
Ingredients
- 3 whole Overly Ripe Bananas
- 2 whole Eggs
- ½ cups Canola Oil
- ½ cups Low-fat Or Fat-free Plain Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¾ cups All-purpose, Unbleached Flour
- ¾ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoons Salt
Preparation Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine bananas, eggs, oil, yogurt, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined and bananas are broken into small pieces (you can pre-mash them if you want but that’s one extra step that I don’t want to do so why not let the mixer do it for me?).
Add all the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined but don’t mix too much or your muffins will be tough. Pour into a greased muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins are golden brown and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool.
This can also be made into one large loaf of bread. Just pour into a loaf pan and bake for approximately 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment