Thursday, June 26, 2014

Reunion

We were able to track down Brooks's foster mother, Rosita.  The address I had for her was old, and she was no longer living there.  I posted on a Guatemala adoption forum, hopeful that someone else would have her current information.  I received an email from someone stating they knew a foster mother with a similar name, but wasn't sure it was her.  I emailed a picture of Rosita when I saw her last in 2008, and the other family confirmed we were talking about the same person.  We felt God's hand working throughout this trip, and this was one of those moments.

She came to our hotel with two of her children and we enjoyed a nice breakfast together.  She remembered us and was very happy to see us again, after 8 years.  



Brooks and Hudson enjoying the extraordinary pool at the Barcelo.

My car!  Not really, but we saw Protege5s everywhere we went.  Even as taxis.

No comments: