Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yummy recipe

So, I thought I'd start a new "feature" to the blog. You all know that I like to cook, so I'm going to start sharing some recipes. Tonight I tried a new crockpot recipe:

Salsa Chicken w/black beans and corn
4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
15 oz jar salsa
1 can corn (or I used frozen)
1 can black beans, rinsed
8 oz cream cheese

Add everything to the crockpot, except the cream cheese. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. 45 minutes before serving plop the block of cream cheese on top. Before serving, mix all together.

Here are my notes:
I added some garlic powder and cayenne.
I used chipotle salsa.

When I mixed it all up before serving, the chicken fell apart into shreds. We ate this over rice and it was really yummy. Brooks liked it. There is a lot left over, probably enough for another 3 meals. It would be good over pasta or even wrapped up in tortillas.

No comments: