Friday was our trip to Chicago. Well, when I went to get Hudson out of bed Friday morning he was running a fever. I tried to get him to eat some breakfast but he was not interested, very unlike Hudson! I then noticed he had a red pimply rash all over his body. Not good! We decide to take him to Urgent Care on our way out of town. The dr swabbed his throat and he was diagnosed with Strep. Ick! Hudson sure likes to get sick whenever Ryan and I are planning some time alone. We stopped by Target and got his antibiotic and headed on to Ryan's parent's house. Hudson slept most of the way there and seemed to be feeling better when we got there so we headed up to Chicago. Thankfully, Hudson ended up taking a 4 hour nap that afternoon and then started feeling pretty normal.
Ryan and I had a great time in Chicago. We stayed at the
Palmer House (gotta love Priceline!). Friday night we ate dinner at
Frontera Grill. They don't take reservations, so we got in line 2o minutes before they opened. We were third in line so we didn't have to wait for a table when they opened. The food was amazing. Easily one of the best meals we have had. Rick Bayless was even in the kitchen! We then went to
Wicked. Our seats were good and the performance was excellent. I liked it more than I thought I would. Saturday we went to the North side, walked around and then had lunch at El Tinajon, our favorite Guatemalan restaurant outside of Guatemala.
The boys had a fun time at Gangy and Pop Pop's house, as evidenced below.



1 comment:
Hey Jen!! Thanks for letting me know about the blog so I can keep up with the boys, or at least try to! They're getting so big! Hudson's talking?! Brooks is baking?! Asounding :)
P.S. I'm in LOVE with Wicked! I have the soundtrack if you'd like to borrow it...
Post a Comment