Sunday, January 24, 2010

95% done

I'm finally here to post pictures of the 95% done kitchen! Ryan worked over Christmas break tiling the walls, installing under cabinet lights and the vent hood. Here's a look at the transformation...

The kitchen circa 2000, when we bought our house.


And in 2002, on the first variation of red and after the can lights were installed.

And now....
Ta Da!

Here's the finished product! I custom made the wall tiles. I was able to pick what colors and what percentages of each tile from ModWalls.

Mom (Mrs. Jean) is making a dark brown Roman shade for the window.

Here's a peak at the sleek hood that actually works!

The undercabinet lights are LED, we ordered them from California as well. They are super tiny, don't use a lot of energy, and throw off a lot of light.

And the reason why I said the kitchen is only 95% done, we need to take our stainless steel chimney to be cut since our ceiling is angled.

I love the new kitchen! It's my favorite room in the house. I feel so inspired when I'm working in there. I am so thankful for my talented husband that tackled this enormous project. He saved us a lot of money by doing all the work and he did an amazing job!

4 comments:

Kim3278 said...

I love it!!! I would be inspired in there too!!

Angela said...

Wow, Jen, its gorgeous! Way to go, Jen & Ryan!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful kitchen! Great job Ryan and Jennifer!
Aunt Pat

amber said...

The kitchen looks great...I'm sure it's even better in person! Wanted to tell you I have finally put your crockpot cookbook to use (I don't even remember what year you gave those out at christmas)! I fixed several things last week and the White Chili tonight...all of them have been hits so far! Not sure why it took me so long!!

a