Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

I'm back with some tasty recipes.

I made this Chicken Spaghetti for dinner over the weekend. It was super good. I added some sun-dried tomatoes to it for some extra yumminess! I also doubled the sauce ingredients (minus the cheese). It was extra creamy. I served it with a mixed green salad with oranges and caramelized walnuts, and garlic rolls.

Chicken Spaghetti

  1. Melt butter in a saucepan and add flour stirring constantly.
  2. When mixture thickens, add chicken broth, half and half, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, wine, garlic, lemon juice, dry mustard and salt and pepper.
  3. Stir over medium heat until mixture again starts to thicken.
  4. Add chicken and spaghetti noodles and stir well.
  5. Place in a baking dish and sprinkle with paprika and extra Parmesan cheese.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.
  7. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
I had picked up some sausage links reduced and was looking for something to make for breakfast besides pancakes. This recipe did the trick! Especially since I had a bunch of English muffins in the freezer that I had picked up super cheap. I left the onion and red pepper out because I didn't feel like chopping it up (lazy!).

Breakfast Casserole
  1. Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly, cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place English muffin cubes in the bottom of a greased 13x9 baking dish Drizzle with butter. Layer with sausage, cheese, onion and bell pepper. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle with bacon, cover and refrigerate overnight.
  2. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and bake 350 for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand before serving.

No comments: