Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

I had some strawberries almost past their prime, so I whipped up a double batch of these muffins. Hudson liked them so much he started giggling after his first bite!

Berry Smash Muffins
  1. Heat oven to 425 F.
  2. Put a paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease just the bottoms of 12 muffin cups.
  3. Slightly smash strawberries in large bowl, using fork.
  4. Stir in sugar, oil and eggs until mixed.
  5. Stir in other ingredients just until moistened.
  6. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
  7. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown or toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
  8. Cool 5 minutes.
  9. Loosen sides of muffins from pan if needed, and take them out of the pan.
  10. Makes 12 muffins.
  11. Tip: If you do not have fresh strawberries, you can use frozen strawberries that you have thawed and drained.

I tried this the other night instead of my "ghetto" garlic bread recipe that I usually make. We loved all the cheese in it. I used 1/2 cup of margarine and Texas toast for the bread.

Cheesy Garlic Bread
  1. Microwave margarine in medium glass bowl for about 40 seconds or until about halfway melted.
  2. Mix in all ingredients, using a fork.
  3. Spread mixture over bread (I use a one of those long sourdough french loaves split in half lengthwise but I've also used plain thickcut bread or split dinner rolls).
  4. Place on baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes at 450, until top is golden brown.

3 comments:

Team Cramer said...

i made the berry mash muffins for moms group today and they were loved! thanks jen!

Kim3278 said...

I live to know what ghetto bread is!!

Jen said...

Ghetto garlic bread is when I use hamburger buns instead of Italian bread. And it's always buns that have been marked down :)