Balsamic Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
Ingredients
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 clove garlicminced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basilchopped
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, cubes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions
- Mix together first five ingredients for dressing and toss in cheese and tomatoes.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I always serve limeade at Brooks party and was looking for something easier. This punch fit the bill. It was really close to limonda con soda (limeade w/carbonation) which I drink all the time when I'm in Guatemala. I used all limeade for the recipe.
Margarita Punch
Ingredients
- 1 (6 ounce) frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (6 ounce) frozen limeade concentrate
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups ice, crushed
- 1 liter carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 limes thinly sliced
Directions
- Combine the concentrates, powdered sugar, and crushed ice in a large freezer proof container.
- Cover tightly and freeze for at least one hour (or for many days depending on how early you're planning ahead).
- Place the frozen mixture into a large punch bowl.
- Slowly pour in the soda and add the lime and/or lemon slices.
- Serve in chilled (salt rimmed optional) glasses.
I also tried a new Carnitas recipe for the party. Granted, it's not true carnitas since it's not fried, but it had a really good flavor. I had a huge (8 lbs!) pork shoulder. We've been eating leftovers all week. Tostadas, quesadillas, you name it. I used all lime juice and chicken broth for this recipe.
Crockpot Carnitas
2 pounds pork shoulder
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 large orange)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 large lime)
7 cloves garlic (whole intact)
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 cup beef broth
corn tortillas
The Directions
Use a 6 quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the salt and cumin. Rub mixture all over the pork, then plop into the slow cooker. Add whole garlic cloves. Squeeze on the citrus, and pour the beef broth evenly over the top.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the pork shreds quite easily with a fork. If your meat is still fully intact after 8 hours, remove and cut into chunks, then return to the crock and flip to high for about an hour or two.
Shred meat fully and serve on warmed corn tortillas with desired toppings.
2 comments:
Hey...if you have a really good crockpot Greek recipes I would love it. I need to make food for about 20 people (potluck style) and I have main dish. I've never cooked or eaten Greek food before. Meat scares me so we only eat fish and chicken and some pork. ANY suggestions??
Hmm, Greek food. That's something I haven't tackled yet. Sorry :(
Post a Comment