Jen's Smokin Salsa
Ingredients
1 can Rotel Mexican style
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 bunch cilantro
4 chipotles in adobo sauce (or less if you can't handle the heat)
3 cloves garlic
1-2 limes, juiced
salt
Directions
Pulse the ingredients in a food processor until you reach the level of chunkiness you desire. I had to do this in several batches because this is a large batch of salsa.
I was intrigued by this recipe, so I had to try it out. Simple ingredients with an outstanding flavor. It was super fast to cook up since I had cooked ground beef in the freezer. Thumbs up around the table!
Okinawan Takoraisu (Taco Rice)
Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 cup Onion, Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 cups Steamed Japanese Rice (sometimes Labeled "sushi Rice") *I used long grain rice*
- 2 cups Lettuce, Shredded
- 2 cups Tomatoes, Chopped
- 12 ounces, weight Queso Blanco, Crumbled OR 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Salsa
- 4 Tablespoons Sour Cream
Preparation Instructions
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute until the onions are barely soft. Add the ground beef and break it into small chunks. Once the meat is cooked, add the soy sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Let this simmer until the liquid reduces.
2. Spread 1/2 to 1 cup of the steamed rice on each plate. Top with the seasoned beef.
3. Then top with the shredded lettuce, tomatoes, queso blanco (or mozzarella), and salsa, and finish it off with a dollop of sour cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment