Oh, and Ryan was sick so I manned the grill myself! It was my first time to grill a meal to completion. I didn't even lose any asparagus to the grill.
Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops
Ingredients
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard *I used spicy brown mustard*
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork chops ( bone-in, 1-inch-thick)
Directions
- In a shallow dish or large zip-lock heavy-duty freezer bag, stir together the first 6 ingredients; add in pork chops.
- Cover dish or seal bag and chill 30 minutes, turning once. ***I marinated all day***
- Remove pork from marinade.
- Grill pork over med-high heat, covered w/ grill lid for 10-12 minutes (or until done), turning once.
Overnight Waffles
Ingredients
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 whole Large Egg
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Melted Butter
- Nonstick Spray For Waffle Iron
Preparation Instructions
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk in milk and vanilla until blended. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand overnight at room temperature.
2. In the morning, heat the waffle iron. Beat the egg and melted butter into the batter, which will be quite thin. Spray hot waffle iron with nonstick spray. Add just enough batter to cover the cooking surface.
3. Cook waffles until crisp and brown, but not too dark, about 2-3 minutes each.
Makes 6-8 standard waffles, or 3-4 Belgian waffles.
I made this casserole without the meat and it was great. I loved all the veggies in it and the fact that it was so easy to throw together.
Ingredients
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 small sweet onions, chopped
- 1 small green peppers, chopped
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes, chopped **I used canned diced tomatoes, drained well**
- 1 (24 ounce) bags frozen hash brown potatoes
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 lb cubed ham or 1/2 lb thin sliced ham or 1/2 lb cooked crumbled bacon or 1/2-1 lb sausage
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions
- Melt margarine and place in the bottom of 9" by 13" baking pan.
- Spread potatoes (still frozen is okay) in bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle chopped vegetables over potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle meat over potatoes and vegetables.
- Note: At this point you may continue or casserole may be refrigerated overnight.
- Pour beaten eggs over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let set for approximately 5 minutes.
- Cut into 2.5"-3" squares and serve with a spatula. Enjoy.
1 comment:
That casserole sounds delightful and veggie works since I don't eat breakfast meats or red meat of any kind. I am going to have to add this to my list of things to try! Hope all is well with you guys.
Post a Comment