Alright, I've got a few recipes to share with you today. The first is a whole grain version of our favorite Honey Wheat Oatmeal Bread. I usually make the dough in the bread machine and finish it in the oven. I buy vital wheat gluten at our health food store.
Honey Wheat Oatmeal Bread
10 ounces warm water
1 TB olive oil
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp salt
1 cup rolled oats
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 TB vital wheat gluten
2 tsp instant yeast
1. Place the ingredients into bread pan in the order suggested by your bread machine.
2. Run the whole wheat cycle.
This Poppy Seed dressing tastes great and doesn't have the funky ingredients that store bought dressing contains. I made a yummy salad with romaine, grilled chicken, craisins, apples, walnuts, feta cheese, and topped it with this dressing.
Poppy Seed Dressing
1/4 cup sugar **I used half of this**
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 tsp poppy seeds
1. Mix first 4 ingredients with blender.
2. Slowly add in the oil to emulsify.
3. Stir in the poppy seeds.
No comments:
Post a Comment