Saturday, October 4, 2008

I hate mountain biking

Let it be known, that I hate to mountain bike! I had the wonderful idea that Ryan and I should go mountain biking on our date Friday. The last and only other time I had been mountain biking was 11 years ago when I was very much out of shape. I thought maybe I should give it another try. After all, I'm pretty fit now and take a 45 minutes Spinning class 3x a week (which I love). Ryan was really excited that I had come up with this idea. So we dropped the kids off at church and headed over to Purdue to ride in McCormick Woods. It all started out good. When we were riding the first part, I kept thinking to myself, "well this isn't so bad!" Well, then the trees started getting closer and closer to the trail and there were big logs and hills. And that's when I realized that my feelings hadn't changed and I hate to mountain bike. I don't like the downhills (where you go really fast) and I don't like those trees so close to me (where it looks like my handlebars are going to run into them) and I don't like those really big logs that you are have to ride over. So I didn't wreck, but I did walk part of it and I was really glad that we were the only riders in there.

After the "ride" we went out for Vietnamese food, I had a glass of wine, and then some really good ice cream at Silver Dipper and all was well.

No comments: