Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Recipes

Ok, so most of you know how much I love pumpkin. Here are some recipes.

Pumpkin Chili Mexicana

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stirring frequently, add onion, bell pepper, and garlic cooking for approximatley 7 minutes or until tender. Add turkey and cook until browned. Drain.
  2. To turkey mixture add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin, and pepper. Bring this to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover saucepan and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
*Jen's notes* I follow step one of the directions and then I cook it all in the crockpot, 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. I know it sounds weird to have pumpkin in chili, but try it! The pumpkin makes it creamy and adds all that good vitamin A.

Spiced Pumpkin Waffles

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in large bowl.
  2. In a second bowl, add eggs, sugar, pumpkin, milk, and butter; beat well.
  3. Gently fold in the flour mixture.
  4. Cook according to your waffle iron directions.
  5. I do these in my belgian waffle iron and it uses about 1 cup batter and takes 4-5 minutes to bake.
  6. They come out a nice deep, golden brown.
  7. These are great with a little bit of syrup, but would also be great with honey butter.
*Jen's notes* I haven't tried this recipe yet, but plan to this weekend.

No comments: