I was looking forward to having a weekend with just me and Ryan. The boys went to Grandma and Pop Pop's house. The boys both had a cough, but didn't seem like much to be worried about since they weren't running a fever and were acting normal.
We called to check on them Saturday morning and Hudson had thrown up at breakfast, but he had been coughing so we chalked it up to that.
Ryan and I had a nice morning, I went to the Y and he went mountain biking. We had lunch and then went to see Slumdog Millionaire. I can't remember the last time we saw a movie in the theater together. We both saw The Dark Knight over the summer, but separately. Anyways, Slumdog was really really good. We both really liked it, it was hard to watch at times, but it has a good ending.
We then went to Target and got a few things and headed home to get ready for dinner. We had decided to try Kokoro, a sushi/Japanese place downtown. We had never been there because we had heard your meal can take forever because the owner and his wife make all the food themselves. We thought it would be a good night to try it since we didn't have any time constraints. We got a seat right away and ordered some Thai spring rolls and 2 sushi rolls. We sat on the bar side so we could see the owner making all the sushi. They call him Crazy Tony because sometimes he will yell at his servers and will even kick people out of the restaurant. I guess you could compare him to the Soup Nazi. Crazy Tony seemed to be in a pretty good mood on Saturday night because we didn't see any yelling and our food came pretty quickly.
The food was all really good, I had started eating my second piece of the shrimp sushi roll when I got a wave of nausea. Not good... I kept sipping water to see if it would pass and it didn't, I started feeling worse. I told Ryan that I had to go sit in the car because at that point the smells of everything were starting to hit me in a bad way. I went out to the car and waited for him to pay. I felt really bad that he spent all that money on some really good food and I didn't get to enjoy it. We went home and I headed straight for the bathroom and then to bed (at 8pm). Over the course of the night I threw up a couple times. It wasn't the food because Ryan didn't have any problems.
Sunday morning we stayed home, no cooking a big breakfast for Ryan and no church. I ate a few crackers and just laid around. Ryan's parents called to see if we wanted to meet them at Baja Peninsula(a great restaurant) for linner. I felt sick just thinking about eating anything so I told Ryan to go without me. He went and then brought the kids home. When Hudson came in the door he headed straight for me and didn't want to leave me. He was burning up and just looked misreable. His breathing was fast and he was coughing, so Ryan took him to Urgent Care. They diagnosed him with a ear infection and bronchitis. He's on an antibiotic, a steroid and breathing treatments with the nebulizer. The doctor said it was good that we brought him in then. I just have the bad memories from a year ago when they both had pnemonia.
Brooks woke up hacking this morning so I gave the nurse a call and she had me start him on breathing treatments. Guess we won't be going to swimming lessons tonight!
Oh, Ryan did bring me home one of my favorite dishes (Salmon, polenta and green beans) from Baja yesterday and I just ate it for lunch. It was yummy. I'm glad to be eating real food again!
1 comment:
Jen,
I hope Hudson and Brooks are beginning to feel better!
Aunt Pat
Post a Comment