Monday, January 12, 2009

Special request recipe

This recipe is for a special request by Mom and Jess. It's really yummy and great for a cold day.

Hearty Lentil and Sausage Stew

Ingredients
2 cups dry lentils, picked over and rinsed
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced carrots
4 cups chicken broth or water
1 tsp cumin
1 bay leaf
1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced

1. Place all ingredients in the crockpot. Stir to combine.
2. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until the lentils have absorbed the liquid and are tender. Add more liquid if too dry.

4 comments:

Team Cramer said...

yay, thank you!

Team Cramer said...

this soup was amazing! i plan on making the potato crock pot one next week!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Thanks for the recipe. I will try it soon-I'm making vegetable soup today. Your Uncle David likes Lentils and I have been searching for a good Lentil Soup Recipe.
Aunt Pat

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Made the soup today. It was very tasty! I'm going to try freezing what was left over.
Thanks for the recipe.
Aunt Pat