Friday, August 7, 2009

Recipes of the Week

I thought I'd share some of the recipes we had for Ryan's birthday dinner.

This pasta was really good. We love any sort of pasta with sun dried tomatoes. I used spaghetti (because that's all we had).

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
  2. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
  3. Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
  4. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.

Mom and Dad brought us some awesome Southern Illinois peaches. They are so good and juicy and tasty. I used some in this peach cobbler. The best peach cobbler ever.

Peach Cobbler

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Mix peach slices with 3/4 cup sugar, set aside.
  2. Pour butter in 8 inch square baking dish.
  3. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and remaining sugar.
  4. Stir in milk, until just combined.
  5. Pour over butter.
  6. Top with peaches.
  7. Bake at 375* for 45 minutes.

No comments: