Thursday, August 20, 2009

Recipes of the Week

We made these pork chops the other evening. The marinade made them really tender and flavorful. We used assorted chops and I marinated them all day.

Best Grilled Pork Chops

Ingredients

Directions

  1. In deep bowl mix all marinade ingredients.
  2. Marinate at least 2 hours.
  3. Remove from marinade and cook over medium heat on greased grill about 15 minutes or until done.

Eggs in a basket was one of my favorite recipes as a kid. Now, it is one of Brooks and Hudson's favorite things (and I still love it too). I think homemade bread works best, because the slices are on the bigger side. I use a egg shaped cookie cutter to make the hole.

Eggs in a Basket

Ingredients
1 slice bread
1 egg
butter

Directions
1. Spray a skillet with nonstick spray.
2. Butter the bread on both sides.
3. Cut a hole in the middle of the bread with a cookie cutter or a cup.
4. Place the buttered bread in the skillet and crack the egg into the hole you cut out.
5. Cook until it's the way you like your eggs.

No comments: