Thursday, September 3, 2009

Recipes of the Week

I made this rice bake last week to have with steak. It went perfect and I will totally be making it again. Ryan has been taking the leftovers for lunch.

Spinach Parmesan Rice Bake

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Set oven to 350°F.
  2. Generously grease a 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
  3. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with a wooden spoon, mixing very well to combine.
  4. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
  5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
  6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  7. Bake, uncovered OR covered for 25 minutes, or until set (over baking of this casserole, causes a heavier texture, if you prefer a lighter-textured casserole, then bake JUST until set).
  8. Top with mozzarella cheese the last 5 minutes of baking (if using).
  9. Note: for a more fluffier texture casserole, 4 eggs may be used.

We were hungry for french toast, so I baked up this bread. It's the perfect bread for french toast, it's pretty dense. This will be my french toast bread from now on.

Challah Bread

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Add the water, the egg, the margarine, flour, sugar, salt& yeast to bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
  2. Use white or sweet bread cycle.
  3. Remove bread from baking pan after 10 minutes, then finish cooling on a rack.
I had some hotdogs in the fridge that I needed to use. The boys love hot dogs, but I don't usually buy them because I don't like them (and what they usually have in them). I had gotten these free and they were all beef, so I guess they aren't too bad for you. Anyhow, the boys loved these muffins. I left out the cheese.

Corn Dog Muffins

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Combine mix and brown sugar, add eggs and milk stirring only until moistened.
  2. Stir in drained corn, hot dogs, and cheese. Batter will be thin.
  3. Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until tops are brown.
  5. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

No comments: