Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

I have Wordless Wednesday, and now I have Tasty Tuesday instead of Recipes of the Week. Hope you enjoy these! I made this Spinach Pie for lunch one day. It was so tasty and good for you. Thankfully everyone in our house loves spinach, but Brooks says he prefers raw spinach. I like to buy my spinach at Aldi, it's the bagged kind and cheap.

Secretly Delicious Spinach Pie
  1. Mix the first six ingredients (eggs, bacon, milk, garlic, lemon pepper and salt) in a bowl. Set aside.
  2. Lay the flour tortilla in a glass pie dish, press gently - does not need to lay perfectly flat against dish.
  3. Sprinkle only 1/2 cup cheese on tortilla.
  4. Sprinkle remaining cheese and the spinach onto tortilla in layers, and press gently.
  5. Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach, be careful not to pour any outside of tortilla.
  6. Bake in oven at 365 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Insert fork in center and it should come out clean.
  7. Use sharp knife to cut into pie slices and serve hot.
  8. Other options: Instead of garlic, you can use 1/4 cup onions. For added flavor, serve with homemade salsa.
I've finally found the perfect coffee drink. I was making them with frozen coffee cubes, but found this recipe and Ryan has declared it the best.

Instead of buying the instant mocha flavored coffee, I substituted it with this:
Cafe Swiss Mocha Flavored Coffee


1/4 cup Powdered Creamer
1/3 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Instant Coffee
2 TB Powdered Baking Cocoa

Process in a blender on liquify until well blended. Store in an
air tight container.



Mocha Latte Smoothie
  1. Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth.


No comments: