Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

I made this beef stew last week. It was great on a cold winter day. I doubled the recipe and used beef chuck steak. I left out the celery since I didn't have any and added extra carrots to compensate. I also used 3 cans of diced tomatoes and added a bottle of Newcastle Ale. Fabulous Beef Stew
  1. Put all ingredients except cornstarch in a slow cooker on low heat for 6-8-10 hours.
  2. Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with water.
  3. Turn heat to high and stir until thickened.
This waffle recipe is our favorite one to use in our "hotel-style" Belgian waffle maker. The yeast makes it extra special and it's so easy to mix up the night before. It came from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. They are great with fruit toppings or just maple syrup!

Overnight Belgian Waffles


1/2 cup warm water
1 package dry yeast

1 tsp sugar

2 cups milk

1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled

2 eggs

1 tsp sugar

3/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour


1. In a large mixing bowl combine water, yeast and 1 tsp sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.

2. Stir in milk, butter, eggs, 1 tsp sugar, and salt. Stir in flour until well mixed.

3. Cover and store in fridge 8 hours or overnight (batter will be thin).

4. To bake waffles, spray Belgian waffle iron with cooking spray. Add batter and cook.

No comments: