Monday, December 29, 2008

I don't like Ft Wayne

Our drive to Cleveland took a lot longer than planned. Like twice as long. It was a bad bad bad drive. We left around 7am Friday morning and didn't get there until 6pm. Ryan hit a patch of ice around Roanoke IN and he ditched his car. It was the better option and I'm so thankful that he was driving and using his skills. He was trying not to hit other cars on the side of the road and decided to ditch it. It was really scary sitting in the ditch praying that other cars coming would not hit us. He was able to drive out of the ditch and the car only has a minor issue with the front bumper. We are so thankful. God was definitely watching over us. I don't think the boys even knew what was going on, there were in the back just reading their books.

We drove a little bit more into Ft Wayne and decided to wait it out awhile. Mind you, the forecast for Friday was supposed to be a high of 50. Yeah right. It did not happen in Ft Wayne. We killed some time at Kroger, Target, a bike shop, and ChickFilA. It was not getting warmer and we decided to try to move on. We kept calling Jess for temperature updates and it was warmer towards her. The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful, but we were freaked out the whole day. We were so thankful that the boys were so well behaved. Not a disagreement between the two of them the whole day. There were such good little travelers.

We were so happy to finally make it to Cleveland. We checked into our hotel and then headed to Jess & Dan's for pizza. The boys were happy to see everyone and enjoyed opening their gifts. The John Deere tractors were (there are still playing with them al the time) a big hit.

Saturday morning Jess and I got manicure's at the Aveda beauty school. It was so relaxing. Her baby shower was in the afternoon and it was fun. My Aunt Marion, and cousins Kim and Kris were able to make it up from Columbus OH. It was good to see them. Baby Beck got a lot of nice stuff at the shower!

Ryan had the boys all day and they did some exploring around Cleveland. He took them to a cool park on the lake. They had a great time running around. The temps got up to 70 in Cleveland on Saturday! They also went to a couple bike shops and ate Mexican food for lunch. They took a super long nap and they we all went swimming at the hotel. Well, it was more like Ryan and Brooks went swimming. The water was a little cold and Hudson didn't want anything to do with it. I took him into the hot tub and he didn't really like that either.

We drove back on Sunday without any issues and we're all happy to be back home!

Sorry I don't have any pictures, I did bring my camera but didn't take any.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I am so thankful that everything turned out alright. I was praying for you all Friday as I knew you were traveling.
God is so good!
Aunt Pat