Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Recipes of the Week

Here are a few recipes I'd like to share...

The Crockpot Ravioli is a super easy recipe. I also added some cooked sausage that I had in the freezer.

I had never bought chicken thighs before, but Marsh had chicken thighs on sale for .78/lb. I thought we would try them for that price! The Ranch Chicken Thigh recipe turned out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. I served it with roasted rosemary potatoes and roasted green beans.

And who doesn't like chocolate chip bars. At least they are kind of healthy with all those oats. Right???

Crockpot Ravioli

Directions

  1. Pour about half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of crock pot.
  2. Add frozen ravioli.
  3. Pour additional pasta sauce, tomato sauce, water, and red pepper over ravioli (I usually pour the pasta sauce on first and then shake together the tomato sauce, water, and red pepper in the empty pasta sauce jar to mix them).
  4. Sprinkle Italian seasonings over sauces.
  5. Sprinkle cheese on top.
  6. Turn crock pot on low and cook for 4-5 hours (until ravioli are tender).
Ranch Chicken Thighs

Directions

  1. In a shallow bowl, combine crumbs, Parmesan cheese, cornmeal, and Italian seasoning.
  2. Dip chicken into salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture.
  3. Place chicken in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
  4. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
3 cups rolled ("old-fashioned") oats
12 ounces (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Cream butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla with electric mixer on high.

2. Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda, all at the same time. Stir in oats. Last, add chocolate chips and stir them in (or use clean hands, if the dough is too stiff).

3. Press cookie dough into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Dough should be somewhat flattened.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly golden and cookies are set in the middle.

5. Cool for 20 minutes; cut into 24 squares.

No comments: