Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Recipes of the Week

I made this chicken for lunch on Sunday. I've made chicken many times in the crockpot before, but this was one of my favorites! It had a great flavor and was so juicy. I omitted the onion. I had a knife/onion incident last week that my finger is still recovering from. :(

I baked a double batch of these muffins this morning. They are really tasty and good for you! The boys liked them. I used brown sugar, yogurt and oil for the options and did not use raisins. I do not like raisins in baked goods, ick. The worst is when you think you're taking a bite out of a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie and it's a oatmeal raisin cookie. :(

My breadmaker died. Remember this one? It would sometimes turn on, and sometimes not. And then just not. I had been looking for a replacement since garage sale season started with no luck. I asked Ryan to check out the church garage sale when he was dropping Brooks off at Bible Camp. Guess what he found for $5? Yep, a replacement breadmaker. This one is a different one, but looks like it hadn't been used. I used it the other day and it worked great. Lets hope I don't kill this one as quick as I did the last one.

Whole Chicken in the Crockpot

Ingredients

Directions

  1. In a small bowl, combine the spices.
  2. Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
  3. Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
  4. Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. (I usually skip this step because I'm always in a hurry).
  5. When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.
  6. Add chicken. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make it's own juices.
  7. Cook on low 4-8 hours.

Cha-Ching Carrot Spice Muffins

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Mix together dry ingredients- flour, soda, powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice.
  3. Mix together wet ingredients- honey/brown sugar, egg, buttermilk/yogurt, oil, vanilla and the carrots, raisins and nuts.
  4. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until just moistened.
  5. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.

1 comment:

Team Cramer said...

amen on the raisin thing, i hate that!

you need this shirt:
http://www.typetees.com/product/964/Stupid_raisins_stay_out_of_my_cookies