I baked a cake on the grill! I got the recipe from Weber's Big Book of Grilling. When I saw the recipe, I knew I had to try it before we got the kitchen back. I've been going through baking withdrawal. It's been a month now since the stove has been sitting in the living room.
The cake turned out good. I baked it in my big cast iron skillet (love that thing!). The edges got a little crispy (not burnt). It was really yummy with some coffee ice cream.
Chocolate Cake on the Grill
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 TB pure vanilla extract
1 TB cider vinegar
Directions
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a small bowl whisk together 1 cup water (room temp), eggs, oil, vanilla, and vinegar.
3. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir briskly until the batter is smooth, about 30 seconds.
4. Pour the batter into a greased cast iron skillet.
5. Grill over Indirect Medium, 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Remove from the grill and allow to cool in the pan on a rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.
These grilled potatoes are awesome. We devoured them. You could add whatever seasonings you want to go with what you're serving them with.
Grilled Potato Packets
Ingredients
4 potatoes, washed and dried
Garlic Powder
Seasoned Salt
Parmesan Cheese
Butter
Heavy-duty foil
Directions
1. Slice the potatoes. Place them on top of the foil.
2. Season with garlic powder and seasoned salt.
3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dot with butter.
4. Close up the foil.
5. Grill on medium for 30 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment