I had a nice birthday yesterday. It started out with Ryan bringing me a bagel for breakfast. The boys got me some pretty daisies. I had a meeting at church, so he gave me some money to stop at Starbucks to pickup a Frappuccino. They sang to me at the meeting and had donuts, but I skipped those since I figured I had enough sugar in my frap.
After the meeting, the kids and I met the girls from our small group for lunch. We enjoyed our food at Camille's. I was treated to a smoothie (which the boys drank most of).
I headed into work for the afternoon. My coworkers had got me a chocolate cake and it wasn't too crazy of an afternoon.
I headed home for dinner, Ryan grilled steaks and we had twice-baked potatoes and spinach salad. My birthday gift arrived that afternoon, Ryan got me some new Converses and a Sansa mp3 player. I'm really excited about using the Sansa for my water aerobics class since the cd player in the pool area is always dying.
The boys had swimming lessons so I dropped them off at the Y with Ryan. I headed to Target to get a couple things. I was able to spend part of my gift card stash (I got them from both sets of parents!) on some weightlifting gloves and a water bottle. Exciting right? I was tired of my hands getting so sweaty in BodyPump and I needed a BPA free water bottle.
I headed back to the Y to pickup the boys. I was almost blown over in the Target parking lot, it was sooo windy! As I was driving down 18th street I thought it seemed really dark. I then realized the power was out! Ryan said the power went out about 20 minutes into the lessons. Brooks wasn't scared at all, although many of the kids in his class were. I had forgotten to pack Hudson's swim trunks, so he missed out on his class, but it sounds like a blessing in disguise. Ryan wouldn't have had too much for with 2 wet kids in the dark. I've been back in the pool when the power goes out and it's a spooky place, even with the emergency lights on.
The power turned back on just as we were leaving to head to Bible study. Pam had made a yummy cake and cookies for the kids. It was a good day.
This morning I headed down the hall to see if Hudson was awake yet when I was met with the lovely aroma of puke. I opened Hudson's door and found he had puked all over his crib sometime in the night. He didn't make a peep all night, so who knows what time it happened. I got him all cleaned up and he seems to be fine today. I have a feeling it was the 2 snickerdoodle cookies he had before bedtime last night. I don't think the poor kid has ever had more than one cookie before!
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (2 days late)! Don't you just love going in in the morning to a surprise mess like that? It's only happened a couple times with Gabe. I don't understand how they just fall back to sleep after something like that.
Post a Comment