Brooks participated in his first kids race. He has been training all spring (that's what he says). It was a really long race for kids! I think he was the youngest one in there, he definitely had the smallest bike of the bunch.
After the race, we headed further south to Lincoln State Park where we stayed in a family cabin. It was a nice cabin, with 2 bedrooms, kitchen and screened in porch. We were all pretty tired so we hit the sack early. Shortly after I turned our light off, I heard a strange noise. It sounded kinda like paper rustling, but louder. I got Ryan to go out to the living area to find out what was going on. Hudson was sound asleep, so it wasn't him. Ryan couldn't find anything. As soon as I turned the light back off, the noise started again. What the heck was going on? I had visions of some wild animal out there. Ryan went back out, and the noise stopped, but he looked on the kitchen counter and remembered he had left part of a SoyJoy bar out there. Well the bar now had some pieces missing and there was small black things on the counter. Yep, it was a mouse rattling the wrapper. He never did find the mouse, but got rid of the food on the counter. Ick.
We woke up early the next morning and took a short hike on not so nice trails before we headed 5 miles down the road to.........................................HOLIDAY WORLD! We had a great day there. Brooks loved the kiddie roller coaster this year. They both loved Splashin Safari and the Turkey Whirl (tilt-a-whirl) along with countless other rides. They enjoyed seeing the Holidazzle's show, Hudson even went up and gave "Sparkle" a hug and kiss after the show. Hudson cannot just give you a hug, he has to give you a kiss too!
I did get to ride Pilgrim's Plunge! It was fun! I was glad I had my swimsuit on though, because I got soaked. That thing is crazy tall for a water ride.
We drove back home today. Along the way we stopped and got some fresh strawberries, half of which I plan to make into strawberry jam in the morning. And maybe some strawberry ice cream tomorrow night! We also stopped at West Baden Springs. I had been wanting to see the hotel that was recently restored. It was pretty amazing! It had the world's largest free spanning dome when it was built in 1902. I would love to stay there sometime.
We drove back home today. Along the way we stopped and got some fresh strawberries, half of which I plan to make into strawberry jam in the morning. And maybe some strawberry ice cream tomorrow night! We also stopped at West Baden Springs. I had been wanting to see the hotel that was recently restored. It was pretty amazing! It had the world's largest free spanning dome when it was built in 1902. I would love to stay there sometime.
1 comment:
Thanks again, Jen, for sharing the pictures and what's going on in your lives. Our buddy buddies (your boys) are growing up. Glad you had a good time on your trip. I'll bet Brooks was really proud of doing that race.
Aunt Pat
Post a Comment